Welcome to TeachLouisiana.net
The TeachLouisiana.net website is a “one-stop-shop” for teachers, educational administrators, human resource specialists, and higher education faculty containing information on teacher preparation, certification, and jobs. The site also hosts the Louisiana Department of Education’s Talent Recruitment System, a free service pairing job-seeking teachers with districts seeking to hire them. To create an account with teachlouisiana.net, click here.
Update for Certification Visitors
• A certification receptionist is not on duty in the Certification Office located in the Claiborne Building. You may drop your certification applications in the drop box located at the security desk. Be sure to place your application in a sealed envelope/folder before placing it in the drop box.
• All applications will be date stamped and processed in the order in which they are received.
• The status of a certification application can be verified daily by visiting www.teachlouisiana.net.
Certification questions can be addressed through one of the following:
• Contacting your employing school district’s Human Resources Office.
• Visiting www.teachlouisiana.net – Click on the “Certification” tab at the top of the home page.
• Contacting the Louisiana Department of Education customer service center. at email@example.com or at 1-877-453-2721.
Thank you kindly.
Believe and Succeed: Louisiana's Initiative to Transform Struggling Schools
The Louisiana Department of Education recently released Believe and Succeed, a new initiative that will provide grants to aspiring leaders who want to launch new schools in Louisiana. Grants will support aspiring school leaders going through high quality leadership training programs that will prepare them to turn around a struggling school or start a new school designed to serve students who would otherwise attend a D or F rated school. Applicants may seek training from one of a number of pre-approved, nationally recognized training programs; applicants may also select or design a training program of their choosing such as an apprenticeship. Upon successful completion of their training program, applicants are expected to become the leader of a struggling school or a new school that will serve students from struggling schools. To learn more about Believe and Succeed, email David Shepard at firstname.lastname@example.org or go to the Department website www.louisianaschools.net.